Tories Energy Cap Criticized

150 150 David

Industry players, Big6 suppliers and Uswitch were quick to criticize the price cap of domestic standard tariffs promised by Tories election campaigners.
Suppliers claim that only free competition will drive prices down but also worry about billions being lost in revenues needed for investments while Uswitch is worried that consumers would become too complacent to switch.

In our opinion the government would be right to protect the 70% of loyal customers currently paying over the odds as it’s clear competition is not working efficiently.
While some consumers will no longer be in a rush to switch suppliers (loosing money to Uswitch) the majority of the 30% switchers would certainly continue to do so while lowering the prices for the other 70%.