Eon just issued a new briefing regarding the changes surrounding profile 05-08 (MD) meters.
The main points are:
- Eon will no longer accept any MD renewals with a renewal date after 5th November 15.
- New MD contracts will be accepted but no more than 120 days in advance.
- Customers with an AMR meter will have their meter (usually remotely) reconfigured to send half-hourly data.
- Customers currently without an AMR meter will need to have their meter changed requiring an engineer visit arranged by the supplier.
- Current Eon customers with a contract end date after 5th November 15 will continue on their current rate all the changes are in place to be expected in 2nd half of 2016. No termination required and you are free to change supplier if you wish.
- Despite increased cost of supplying the electricity (due to increased government levies and distribution cost), these extra costs will not be passed on to the customers.
- Customers will receive a letter outlining how these changes will affect them.